|Getting ready for the 2021 version of the PCT sufferfest,.
|Wildcare map set.
|The new logbook on the re-route heading into Wings.
|It's only 12km of easy walking on quiet roads between Wings and the Leven. No moaning or whining, get it done.
|Road bash residents.
- A new re route that cuts out Walloa Creek and the Pine plantation pushes you down a crazy slippery hill straight into Wings Wildlife Park. This worked out quite well for me as I was rolling past at exactly 10am when the cafe opens.
- The track alongside the Leven River is unrecognisable thinking back to the impediments the 2016 flood dumped on the trail. Smooth and fun wandering next to that lovely river.
- The dense scrub leading into and out of Four Ways campsite has been chopped back allowing far easier access. Kudos to the likeable volunteers and there was no ripping off fistfuls of ticks and leeches from my torso this time.
- Stripping off and going for a dunk in the River with all that green, so green forest and bewitching solitude is up there at the top of my list of this year's memorable moments.
- No huts meant no people and another raw experience.
|Signage at Taylor's Flat.
|Lunchtime at Bare Mountain campsite.
|This dude is rejoicing in the after glow of warm tea and not succumbing to hypothermia and having his balls drop off.
|Heading across the Steeler Plains via the River PCT.
|The water was pumping and my crop of photos take during the last 2 days are slim and of dubious quality. I rarely reached for my phone (which is my camera these days) during the constant inundation of rain.